Hello, and welcome to the Santa Claus Project! I’m Noah, a high school student who loves every aspect of Christmas.
Three years ago, my family visited Santa at a local mall. Afterwords, I asked my mom, “do you think that Santa likes his job?”
We, (my family) had agreed that each of the “Santas” at all the malls nationwide are really “Santa’s helpers” and they report back to the real Santa at the North Pole. In response to my question, my mom suggested that we write letters to the Santas.
That year, we sent about four or five letters to different malls in the Washington, D.C. area. We asked the Santas questions like, “What is the best part of your job?” and, “What is the best part about being Santa?”
We only got one reply back (it appeared to be from one of the “elves” that take photos). Just last month, I found that letter and remembered how much fun I had with the project, so I’ve decided to do it again!
This blog chronicles my letters and responses as well as other Christmas-related experiences.
Last week, I mailed 42 letters via postal service to different malls around the USA and abroad. I also emailed a few different Santa organizations. Each letter had different questions for Santa, including:
- Why did you chose to be Santa?
- What are some pros and cons to being Santa, and why?
- What is the most interesting part of being Santa?
- What was the most memorable, most interesting, and most amusing thing a child has asked you for?
- Do you have any specific Christmas- related traditions in your town?
- How do you maintain the magic of being Santa throughout the entire Christmas season?
- What are some of your best memories as Santa?
- What to you say to children when they ask you questions like, “How do you deliver the toys so fast?” and, “How do you fit down the chimney?”
I hope to receive a lot of responses back!
Each week, I’ll share a new letter, email, or other Christmas- related post or experience on this blog. Subscribe to our emails and get the posts in your inbox!
Until next time, Merry Christmas!